Monday, January 3, 2011

First Impression of Lyonaise Style

Ask Kait Semon... she will tell you that I was for real dreading the thought that to fit in here I was going to have to wear ALL BLACK all the time! Well Miss Semon, I was a little off.

The style in Lyon, at least for women (the men are a different story completely) is actually much closer to what I am used to wearing. Today, my first day, I saw a ton of Longchamp bags (Yes!), riding boots (Yes!), skinny jeans (Yes!), Sweater dresses and tights (double Yes!), pea coats (Yes!) and leather jackets (Dieeeeing to find one!). While yes there were plenty of young people who I would say are falling into my category of hipster/hip hop french look, most of them were wearing what I had already described.

Which made me wonder today? Is there style really original or is it influenced by us. The riding boot because a trend with American no more than 4-5 years ago, but I know that Longchamp bags, at least with young people are making a comeback. I noticed the Longchamp bags because 1. I saw four people carrying the messenger bag that I have never seen anyone else with, and 2. my previous two trips to France I never noticed them being this popular! For now I am completely satisfied with all of the clothing I packed with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment