Monday, January 31, 2011

Finally Done With My Visa

After working at this for 4 months my French Visa is finally completed!

Campus France.... check
Trip to French Consulate Chicago... check
Waited patiently for my passport to be returned to be via MAIL!!!... check
Made it to France alive... check

Last Thursday I went in for the last piece of the puzzle: the medical examination. I'm not going to lie I was a bit nervous... I had heard different stories about what these examinations entailed and obviously the language barrier is a bit of problem, but it was all good. Went to the OFII office, got an chest X-Ray (you know because there is some remote possibility that a person from the U.S. could have TB, not), got asked if I was pregnant 4 different times by only 2 different people (Oui, Madame... je promis que je suis sans bébé!!), then get called up to the desk to present all of your documents... I was missing one, so had to return today and get that all hashed out.

But in conclusion I am legally allowed to stay in France now... without fear of deportation... until September!

No comments:

Post a Comment