Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Allez Olympique Lyonnais!

Had my first European futbol experience lastnight!

Olympique Lyonnais took on the famous Real Madrid last night here in Lyon at Stade de Gerland! I unfortunately did not have tickets to actually be at the game, but I put on my colors (my 3 euro vintage scarf) and headed out to watch the game!

A big group of us met at Flanagan's Irish Pub... the atmosphere was unreal! The bars are packed with supporters, literally standing room only. I do enjoy watching soccer, but typically I find it pretty boring. This is probably because I watch it with my dogs and that's it cause no one else in America cares... but here its intense! Every shot on goal results in either cheers of almost joy, or frustration! When they do score... hold on to your drink, cause everyone is going to go nuts!

Game ended in a 1-1 tie (again something that would never happen in American Sports...) but Real Madrid still could not pull out a win against OL at Stade Gerland. (OL has never lost to Madrid when playing at home)!

What a great way to spend an evening! Cheering for the home team! Almost as good as being at Wrigley... almost!

No comments:

Post a Comment