First stop was Coruna. I lesser known city in the north of Spain, in Galicia. I was so excited to go and see someone from home!
The trip began with a 25 hour... yes 25 hour bus ride. I had no idea what the trip would be like, but I figured I'd give it a shot. After waiting for the bus to arrive an hour late I hopped on and quickly discovered that everyone only spoke Spanish, the music was in Spani
That night we settled into the hotel, enjoyed a typical tapas dinner, and I got to meet her friends.
The next day Nora showed me all around Coruna. We walked the entire peninsula. We began our day at the beach and wound all the way around the city. Along the coast is the Torre de Hercules where legend has it Hercules buried one of his enemies he defeated. The site is over 1900 years old! After the Torre we walked back into downtown Coru
We spent Sunday in Santiago, the Mecca for Spanish and French Catholics willing to do the camino (pilgrimage). The camino starts in France, winds through the Pyrenees and eventually ends up in Santiago de Compostella Cathedral. In the church you look around and see tons of
My last day in Coruna I headed out with Nora to her University and finally got to try pulpo (octopus, a traditional meal for the region).
So great getting to re-unite with an old high school friend!
Here's a slide show of the rest of my photos: http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/Avery_Mayne/Coruna/?albumview=slideshow
No comments:
Post a Comment