The lovely Ski-Mania takes students from Lyon every weekend out to different ski mountains in the area for super reasonable prices. I spend 40 euros for the 2 hour bus to and from the mountain, plus the lift ticket! Then 15 euros for a board and boots for the day!
We left Chez Amanda Summons around 5 am and the bus then left Place Bellecour around 5:30 am. We were told everyone sleeps on the bus, but well that was not the case with us. The obnoxious french boys who decided to sit in front of us wanted to be loud and take photos with a flash the whole ride, so the chance for a quick nap was lost... but that didn't spoil the day.
Renting gear was super easy, but finding lockers on the mountain is not.... meaning there are no lockers. Why? The lady at the tourist office explained to be it was because of the "terrorists"... ahh I see, the terrorists that are bombing this insignificant and not famous ski mountain... Je comprend madame, merci! We ended up leaving our things with the ski rental boys and hit the slopes.
It was a beautiful day! With an excellent lunch... much different that the 10 dollar burger you'd get in the states!
Unfortunately though I was completely lost when I tried to come down the mountain. Missed my bus, had to deal with concerned french people thinking I was one hurt, or two that the mountain was too hard for me... nope, I'm just sitting here crying hysterically, because I have missed my bus, will get stranded on this mountain for the night, and none of my friends know where I am!
Then the amazing Amanda Summons figured out how to get me down the mountain, waited for me, and got us on another bus back to Lyon!
http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/Avery_Mayne/Skiing%20Chamrousse/?albumview=slideshow
I like that I am amazing :D
ReplyDeleteAvery, I have really enjoyed your time in France and having an opportunity to experience, through your wonderful descriptions, the places, people, events and surroundings. Thanks for sharing this with me and others. Be well and God bless.
ReplyDelete