The last three weeks in Lyon have been absolutely beautiful! The temperature has been greater than 60 degrees everyday. Its been sunny and the city hasn't looked better.
My new favorite thing in Lyon is the Velov system. It's Lyon's rental bike system and makes getting around Lyon super fun and easy. Now that I finally have a French credit card I can enjoy the Velov all the time, and I do! Its faster, and way prettier than the metro. There are stops every 3 blocks... literally... so its easy to pick up and drop off your bike almost everywhere you want to go! I really wish Chicago had something like this.
Another thing I have really been enjoying are our weekend picnics. Lyon is home to Parc de la Tete d'Or a huge parc where everyone enjoys the weekend. There's a lake, a zoo, an island and thousands of people! We have been enjoying the atmosphere, soaking up some rays and just enjoying the beauty of the parc!
Lastly, even the people of Lyon are in better spirits because the weather is nice! Its like their moods about life have completely been altered too!
The weather and the city are so beautiful it is starting to make me extremely sad about leaving in a little over a month...
No comments:
Post a Comment