The next biggest city closest to Lyon is Grenoble. Grenoble was originally the place I wanted to study abroad, but unfortunately Mizzou doesn't have a program there. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the alps. In Grenoble you feel so tiny, all around you are the massive Alps.
The city it
After taking in the views we headed toward the caves. These are old caves that were used by the Resistance during the German Occupation in France. They are still not well lit, very damp, and a bit creepy. It makes you appreciate what the French Resistance did though... Grenoble, like Lyon was another important city to the French Resistance due to its location close to the Alpes.
The one thing that NO ONE should MISS in Grenoble is the Musée Des Troupes de Montagne. I am so glad that Jens made us go into the museum. This 1.50 euro museum is probably the coolest museum I have ever visited. You get a free audio guide, but he is literally like a guide is
Afterwards we walked down the mountain. On the way down is the Musée Dauphinois. This is Grenoble's free equivalent of Chicago's Field Museum. I loved the history of skiing exhibit!
Lastly before taking the train home we decided to stop at treat ourselves to a lovely dinner. We enjoyed Italian red wine and pizza. Not just pizza, but gourmet pizza. Charlotte ordered pizza with escargots, and I had the seafood pizza! Delicious!
Here are more photo's from Grenoble: http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/Avery_Mayne/Grenoble/?albumview=slideshow
No comments:
Post a Comment